birdJam Twitch is our new North American Bird ID Puzzler for the iPod Touch and iPhone! Click here to buy it now in the iTunes Store!
Twitch is a clever and interactive puzzler that redefines how to learn to visually identify birds. You were thinking nerdy? How about obsessively fun and compulsively addictive!
You choose a "flock" of birds, set the level of difficulty, and then build your scores (and bird ID skill!) by playing game after game.
The 660+ North American bird species are organized into 31 flocks for the East, West and all of North America. Flocks may be grouped by habitat such as forests and marshes, or families such as ducks, sparrows and warblers. The pressure and pace build as you challenge yourself with higher levels of difficulty.
Just shake your iPod Touch or iPhone to start a game. During play, squares turn over randomly to gradually reveal outstanding photographs by distinguished photographers that capture tell-tale field marks of birds in their natural habitats. Select your answers using the buttons at the bottom of the screen.
Try to outsmart the game by simply guessing and you'll be slapped with penalty points. This game is about skill, not just speed. It is about how well you score!
When play ends, swipe through the photographs to see how well you did—or didn't—score. Think you're a bird ID hotshot? Let birdJam Twitch load your high score to our web server so you can see how you compare to other players. Can't stand the pressure? We'll coax you with birdJam prizes that we'll periodically award to high-scoring players. Nice bonus, huh?
Start off as a novice, and you can become an ID expert. And you don't even have to buy a fancy pair of binoculars!
birdJam Twitch Features
- 663 North American Bird Species
- Choose among 31 "flocks" of birds by region, habitat and family groups
- Set level of difficulty from novice to expert
- Higher levels of difficulty provide potential for higher scores
- Photographs by North America's most distinguished bird photographers
- Shake or tap iPod Touch and iPhone to begin play
- Receive bonus points by tapping the correct bird species on first try
- Level of difficulty determines rate of play, length of game and number of bird names presented
- Review photographs at end of each game—by birds played or birds incorrectly identified
- Optionally choose to register and upload your scores to compete against other players
- Scores are ranked by highest score, by "flock" played and monthly
- See additional scores, additional sorting, low scores, etc., on our web site!
- Compare your scores at www.birdjam.com/twitch_hiscores
- Prizes will be periodically awarded to high scoring players
- This is a VISUAL ID game; bird songs are not included
A sample review page in Twitch. After a game is over, you can review the birds in the game: