|Last updated: 4/26/11
It is NOT hard to add the new app to your pre-loaded iPod Touch, but you must be very careful and deliberate or youll wipe out your installed birdJam bird songs and photos. If you dont wish to install birdJam: The App, we offer a birdJam: The App Loading Service for $59** if you wish to send your iPod Touch to us for loading. You can also add other modules at the same time.
First, you must have iTunes on your computer and an iTunes Account:
- Download iTunes from www.apple.com/iTunes. Note that you are not required to provide your email address or contact information to download iTunes.
- Once iTunes is downloaded, choose "Create Account" from the Store menu in iTunes.
- Create a free Apple ID so that you are able to login into the iTunes Store.
Next, click the following link to see birdJam Apps in the iTunes Store.
You will be presented with all available iTunes Apps from birdJam. For now, let us concentrate on birdJam: The App - A Dazzling...
- Press "Free" to download birdJam: The App - A Dazzling... into your copy of iTunes.
- With iTunes open, use your USB cable to plug your iPod into your computer.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Press Cancel when told that your iPod is synced with another iTunes Library. If you press "Erase and Sync", then iTunes will delete your birdJam bird songs and photos and they will have to be re-loaded. Also, do NOT simply close the box by clicking the x button (or the red dot on a Macintosh); you must click Cancel.
- You will briefly see a "Syncing birdJam" message at the top of the iTunes window. As long as you pressed Cancel in the step before this, that is okay, nothing is really syncing.
- Now, click on the iPod name (most likely "birdJam:) under Devices in the left-hand column of iTunes. A Summary Screen will come up. Select the "Apps" Tab at the top of the Summary Screen.
- Check "Sync Apps".
- Check the applications you wish to sync (including the "birdJam: The App - A Dazzling...").
- Press "Apply" in the lower right corner of iTunes.
- Note before the final two steps: If you again get the "Erase and Sync" message, be sure to press Cancel, then do this: Go back to the "Summary" tab and be sure that "Manually manage music and videos" is checked near the bottom of the screen. Press "Apply" after checking it, if needed.*
- Press "Sync" in the lower right cordner of iTunes.
- After syncing is completed, unplug your iPod from your computer.
*If you loaded your own iPod, then you do not need to check "Manually manage music and videos."
**The $30 fee is waived for anyone who bought a pre-loaded iPod from birdJam in the month of May, 2010.